We saw the movie “Trolls” last weekend – I loved it! It’s exactly our kind of thing: cute characters, a lot of bright colors, plenty of hugs, and a very sweet story of love and acceptance, and harvesting the power inside of us to choose to be happy. Gorgeous! The soundtrack was great, too – I love that Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick covered the divine Cyndi Lauper’s ‘True Colors’, an all-time favorite:
Beautiful, eh? I love it!!
Here’s a great article about adjusting our attitude and finding our own lasting happiness – I’ve included a few highlight, and ten tips to get you on your way! 🙂
We can’t save or change anyone; happiness is dependent on you and only you. If there’s something in your life you’re unhappy with, you have the power to change it, or at least change your mind about it. The truth is that as long as we’re more loyal to our shortcomings, our happiness can never be fully actualized.
I asked myself these questions, and they transformed my life. I now find peace in each moment, and I genuinely feel happiness in my life.
What are you willing to let go of?
What is in your life that is no longer serving you?
What thought patterns and habits do you keep falling into?
1. Happiness lives in you.
2. Live by choice, not by chance.
3. Make changes, not excuses.
4. Be kind to yourself; you’re doing a phenomenal job.
5. You have reasons or results.
6. You’re supposed to stand out, stop trying to fit in by hiding your happiness.
7. Talk to yourself like you are your own best friend, because you’re pretty cool when you get to know you.
8. Whatever you believe about yourself on the inside will manifest on the outside; focus on quality thoughts.
9. Instead of hating yourself for everything you are not, start loving yourself for all that you are.
10. You have come so far, be proud of yourself. It is okay to feel that love.
I hope that you have a happy start to your week, my friends – I am happy to have you. 🙂