I came across this 2014 interview with Sarah Jessica Parker recently, and I was reminded of just how much I adore her. There are very few people that I dig enough to wish that I had some of their qualities and characteristics, but…she’s one. I think she’s delightful – and I think I could really love a life like hers. 😊
Here’s the questions from the interview – let’s play along and answer them, shall we?
1. How long have you been in the area? I’ve lived where I am now in Texas since 2007.
2. What’s your favorite season in New York City? Fall – I love Fall anywhere and everywhere!
3. What’s your favorite activity in New York City? Walking, walking, walking…that’s what I hate the most about San Antonio — it’s the worst city ever for walking.
4. Would you ever leave New York City? I wish I lived in NYC!! I would absolutely leave San Antonio, provided I was moving on to something bigger and better, and taking the Muppet with me.
5. What are three words to describe living in New York City? Magic, electric, fast.
6. What’s your favorite movie? Pulp Fiction/The English Patient/Shakespeare in Love
7. Favorite movie in past five years? Argo
8. Favorite Hitchcock film? I don’t think I have seen enough of them to choose a favorite
9. Favorite TV show that’s currently on? This Is Us, Girls, Divorce, Homeland
10. What’s a book you plan on reading? This list is loooooonnnnggggg…I’ve recently started re-reading Shakespeare’s Complete Works, so how about we go with that? 🙂
11. A book you read in school that positively shaped you? The Stone Angel, by Margaret Laurence — still such a fave 🙂
12. A book you read in school that you never think of? Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness….that sucker went right over my head. Yuck.
13. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now? I would say a solid 7.75.
14. iPhone or Android? iPhone
15. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
16. Vine or Snapchat? Neither – I get so annoyed at peeps who are obsessed with Snapchat and think I ought to be, too. Yawn.
17. Who should EVERYONE be following right now? Hillary Clinton/POTUS/FLOTUS/CNN
18. What’s the coolest thing in this room? My ‘Lucky Me’ sign 🙂
19. What’s your favorite downtown restaurant? Max’s Wine Dive
20. What’s your favorite food? Sushi
21. Least favorite food? Brussels sprouts
22. What do you love on your pizza? Either ham and pineapple, or fresh mozzarella with Roma tomatoes and fresh basil.
23. Favorite drink? Molson Canadian beer
24. Favorite dessert? Cherry cheesecake
25. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Dark chocolate
26. Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Sheep brain – I didn’t know what I was eating…I’m still traumatized.
27. What’s the hardest part about being a mom? Everything – specifically feeling like nothing I do will ever be enough.
28. What’s your favorite band? Oasis or The Mavericks
29. Favorite solo artist? Alanis Morissette
30. Favorite lyrics? That I would be good, Even if I did nothing.
31. If your life were a song, what would the title be? The Long and Winding Road
32. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? Michael Buble, Lady Gaga, or Harry Connick Jr
33. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? Violin
34. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? I have 7 already, but I will get a few more: one on the inside of my wrist, one on the bottom of my foot, and one on my upper back.
35. To be or not to be? Always to be.
36. What’s Oprah like in person? I’m sure she’s pretty much like anyone else – she puts her pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of the world.
37. What number of question was this? Haha
38. Dogs or cats? Dogs
39. Kittens or puppies? Kitties!!
40. Dolphins or koalas? Dolphins
41. Bird-watching or whale-watching? Whale-watching
42. What’s your spirit animal? Unicorn all the way!
43. Best gift you’ve ever received? My Muppet 🙂
44. Last gift you gave a friend? A sketchbook doodle pad
45. A person you want to have coffee with? My friend Soupsie- I miss her and wish we lived closer.
46. A historical figure you’d love to have coffee with? Marilyn Monroe
47. How do you like your coffee? Cream and Sweet-n-Low
48. Can I play a note on this piano? N/A
49. What’s your favorite curse word? Crikey…where to start? I love ’em all, but I’m partial to cock-sucker.
50. What’s your favorite board game? Clue
51. What’s your favorite country to visit? France or Greece
52. What’s the last country you visited? France
53. What country do you wish to visit? Bali
54. What do you see in this image right here? N/A
55. Can you write down your favorite word that starts and ends with the same vowel? Elegance
56. What’s your favorite color? Black
57. Least favorite color? Brown
58. What color dress did you wear to your prom? We didn’t have prom, but my grad dress was teal
59. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
60. Cheap shampoo or expensive? Cheap
61. Blow-dry or air-dry? Air-dry, if at all possible
62. Heels or flats? Heels
63. Can you give an impersonation of someone? N/A
64. Can you do the same impersonation with a British accent? N/A
65. My friend outside this window would love to ask you a question? N/A
66. [Holding two different colored dresses] Which should I give my girlfriend? N/A
67. Pilates or yoga? Yoga
68. Jogging or swimming? Swimming
69. Best way to decompress? Reading or watching TV
70. If you had one superpower, what would it be? Time travel
71. Can you describe an experience you felt most nervous? The day that I gave birth….I was nervous, anxious, and looking for a way out of the whole thing. I’m glad I pushed through (pun intended) – the kid is pretty awesome. 🙂
72. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? Moist
73. Last question: Is this the strangest interview you’ve ever had? N/A
Fun, right? 🙂 Happy Friday, friends! 🙂