Do you believe in horoscopes? I generally don’t, as they require a bit more faith than I tend to be capable of providing – but, when there’s a red-letter day in the cards for the Aries of the world, then I hop on board the horoscope train and toot-toot with the best of them. I tend to think that so many of the horoscope predictions are generic enough to describe most people, so…what’s the point? However, while on a recent quest to do something about my chronically cynical arse, I was reminded of Numerology, and decided to give that a look. I’m particularly interested in the Destiny Number, since I’ve been doing a mighty load of reflection lately about where I’ve been in life (metaphorically, not physically), and where it is that I want to end up (look at me, I’m a Whitesnake song! ‘I don’t know where I’m going, But I sure know where I’ve been, La la la la la) – your Destiny Number is considered to be the ruling force that guides you towards what you must learn and do in order to get the most out of your life.
To figure out your Destiny Number, reduce your birth date to a single digit – for example, I was born on April 10, 1974…4+1+0+1+9+7+4= 26 and 2+6=8…therefore, my Destiny Number is 8. What does that mean? Let me give you some highlights (and insight into me):
The Boss, powerful drive to succeed, decision-making, intensely active, seizes opportunities, takes control, wants security, success.
Tactless, domineering, greedy, sneering, superior.
- The number 8 is considered extrovert and is the highest feminine number. It’s attributes are ‘giving and receiving’. The number 8 symbolizes the principle of domination, control and achievement. It is the executive decision-maker. The 8 person tends to be rather formal, stern and hard-headed. More comfortable in the realm of material, tangible facts, the 8 person will be truly exceptional as soon as they develop their spiritual connection and intuition. 8 is the number of the natural leader, with a good grasp of how to accomplish any goal. The 8 energy must learn compassion … it is one of their ‘life lessons’.
- The 8’s Life Challenges are belligerence, manipulation, anger and judgement.
- The ultimate accomplishment for the 8 person is to gain ‘wisdom’.
- The 8 energy is known to be self-confident, ambitious and are often risk-takers. They are often found in authoritarian or managerial positions, and can sometimes become the ruthless workaholic. The 8 energy must watch that it does not become too obsessive.
- On the negative side, the 8 energy can become ruthless and materialistic.
- This number offers no half-measures – it is either personal limitation or spiritual freedom. 8 is the ‘power’ number which needs always to be used for the good of mankind. 8 people must give their all to whatever they undertake. These people are called upon to lead, to take authority, and to take up ideas and plans of others and bring them to accomplishment.
- Number 8 people see things in the larger picture and a higher perspective. They look at life in a practical manner, with discernment. Being the leader and having authority, 8 must have a purpose and a goal in life. People with this energy have sound judgement and have a need for their idea of security. The diligent 8 will work tirelessly for a cause they believe in, and like to see the results of their energies.People of this number will leave an inheritance or legacy in life by all that they accomplish.
- The 8 may try to be all things to all people, and needs to learn to delegate to others. There is a great deal of will, courage, integrity, trustworthiness and stability in the nature of 8. The need of this energy, when awakened and developed, is to work for the cause of bettering humanity, the community, the nation and the planet.
- The 8 person has a philosophical nature, and there is a desire to know about life and its purpose. The 8 is a natural doer, and there is a strong driving force that persists to this goal. The intensity in which they work can be overwhelming to some other vibrations.
- Relationships are necessary to the 8 person, as they need to associate with humanity. They are loyal, true and dependable, frank and honest – and they let you know where you stand at all times.
- 8 needs love and admiration for the rewards of their efforts and achievements. At times they need to slow down to look at the real value of those near and dear to them.
- Number 8s have a fear of expressing their emotions. They are frightened of rejection and being hurt. Anyone involved with a Number 8 will need to initiate any discussions about love or commitment as Number 8s will never expose themselves emotionally if they are unsure of the response they are unsure of they response they will receive.
- As parents, Number 8s will want to ensure that their children are raised in an environment that is secure and comfortable. They will want their children to have the best of everything and will spare no expense in providing for them.
- Number 8s find parenthood less stressful later in life when they are more likely to have the financial means to provide for their children. They will also have more time to spend with their children, which they will find very rewarding.
- The children of Number 8 parents will know that they can always turn to their parents for support and security.
- 8 may set themselves unachievable goals and become frustrated if they are not able to meet them.
This is mighty accurate in a lot of ways – and, if you happen to know me in real life, you will be chuckling to yourself because I am kinda this way. Sorta. Lotsa. 😉 Have you figured out your number yet? Here are the highlights of the other numbers:
Creation, independence, new beginnings, striving forward, motivation, positivity and positiveness, originality, courage, ambition, progress, will power, pioneering, activity, raw energy, force, masculine attributes, assertive, successful, self, leadership, initiative, organizer, instinct, love, intuition, courageous achiever, strength, creativity, self-reliance, tenacious, forceful, authoritive, inspirational, leniency, attainment, happiness, glory, fame, unique, omniscience, fulfilment.
Single-minded, intolerant, conceited, narrow-minded, stubborn, controlling, lacking in emotion, passive, follower, aggressive, dependent, weak-willed, arrogance, dominant.
Service, balance, love, harmony, adaptability, diplomacy, charm, friendliness, musical rhythm, receptivity, consideration for others, co-operation, personal will, understanding, diplomat, friend, artist, enduring peacemaker, gentle, kind, insightful, sensitive, team-player, ambitious, spirituality, well-mannered, placid, just, unselfish, sociable, supportive, attention to detail, co-operative, decisive, poise, intuitive, adaptable, agreeable, cautious, considerate, emotional, flexible, loving, understanding, consideration, grace, devotion, the subconscious, mediation, divine life purpose, faith and trust, partnership, encouragement, happiness.
Irresolute, indifferent, unable to take responsibility, fearful, weak-willed, submissive, pessimistic, dependent, indecisiveness, hesitation, indecisiveness, lack of balance, unsteady, unstable, insensitive, inflexible, disagreeable, stagnant, inconsiderate, unemotional, unloving, fears making mistakes, fears unplanned change, fears being alone, fear of the unknown.
Joy, artistic expression, optimism, inspiration, creativity, communication and communicative, good takes, talent, imagination, sociability, friendliness, conception, kindness, compassion, manifesting and manifestation, easy going, visionary, humourous, energetic, growth, expansion, principles of increase, spontaneous, broadminded thinking, kindness, encouragement, assistance, speech, ‘faith, hope and charity’, culture, wit, fun-loving, freedom-seeking, brave, adventurous, exuberant, brilliant, non-confrontational, open-channel, free-form, rhythm, love of pleasure, passion, surprise, intelligence, sensitivity, psychic ability, social, self-expression, affable, enthusiastic, youthful, enlivening, imagination. Number 3 resonates with the Ascended Masters.
Indifferent, lacks stamina and concentration, spectacular rise and fall, mania, mood swings.
Practical and racticality, exactitude, organization, service, patience, application, devotion, conservatism, pragmatism, patriotism, dignity, trust, endurance, worthiness, economy, loyalty, mastery, production, solid foundations, hard work and hardworking, security-conscious, self-control, loyal, conscientious, high morals, traditional values, honesty, strong-willed, wisdom, imperturbable, determination, serious builder, progress, doer, manager, traditional, solid foundations, realistic values, stability, ability, justice, goal-orientated, system, order, management, responsibility, maintenance, constructive, determined, serious, discipline, dependability, conviction, passion and drive.
Clumsy, conventional, unadaptable, dull.
Freedom, choice, change, understanding, life lessons learned through experience, versatility, variety, adaptability, curiosity, intelligence, progress, cleverness, life experiences, travel, adventure, non-attachment, sociability, companionability, release, surrender, freedom-loving, activity, influence, adventurer, sensualist, promoter, natural flair, vivacious, courageous, healthy, sympathetic, motivational, idealistic, unconventional, curiosity, intellectual, telepathic, experience, pleasure-loving, vitality, visionary, expansion, opportunity, story-telling, imagination, individualism, healing, choice, mercy, kindness, invention, resourceful, magnetic, competitive.
Rash, irresponsible, dislikes confinement and routine, inconsistent, unreliable, thoughtless, restless, non-committal, inactivity, stagnation, fear of change, rigid in thought, lacks vitality, upheaval, discord.
Love, harmony, family, home, responsibility, musical talent, sympathy, adjustment, domesticity, guardianship, parenthood, stability, poise, protection, firmness, healing, idealism, balance, justice, conscientiousness, burden-fearing, service, solutions, seeing, responsible, care, teacher, conventional, provider, protector, healer, idealistic, selfless, honest, charitable, faithful, nurturer, truth, order, economy, emotional depth, curiosity, humanitarian, unselfishness, balance, good provider, peaceful, self-sacrifice, empathy, sympathy, unconditional love, circulation, agriculture, balance, grace, simplicity, ability to compromise, reliable, provision and providing, material needs, honesty and integrity.
Easily-stressed, superiority complex, weak, impractical, submissive, shallowness, restlessness, selfishness, weak-willed, unsupportive.
Technicality, peace, poise, introspection, mental analysis, scientific research, faith, spirituality and spiritual awakening, enlightenment and awareness, wisdom, refinement, stoicism, silence, feelings and emotions, inner-selves, intuition, inner-knowing, specialist, inventor, loner, eccentric, thoughtful, spiritual, psychic, natural healer, inner-strength, quick-witted, wise, discerning, understanding of others, philosophical, endurance, deep contemplation, solitary, independent, mystic, psychic, keen mind, determination, individualist, knowledge-seeking, intentions, non-conformist, persistence of purpose, perfection, the analyst, thinker, science, learning, education, study, the written word, logic, alchemy, secrets, myth, religion, ritual, understanding, knowledge, isolation, chastity, dignity, the ‘Collective Consciousness’, genius, the thinker, discernment and discerning, the philosopher, writer, ascetic, rigorous, long-sighted, ahead of his/her time (therefore is often in conflict with the present), deep-thinking, able to bear hardships, deep-seeing, manifestation in time and space, stability, ability to set limits, good fortune, completion, evolution.
Morbid, hypercritical, inactive, anti-social, pessimistic, silent, dependency, depression, stagnant, lack of persistence, pride, narrowness, distance, rigidity, argumentative, temper, morbid, misanthropic, resentful, self-righteous, unwilling and/or unable to share ideas, limitations.
Authority, power, Karma – the Spiritual Law of Cause and Effect, material freedom, success, judgement, executive ability, wealth, discrimination and discernment, management, thoroughness, dependability, self-reliance, repose, practicality, consideration, retreat, wisdom, manifesting and manifestation, money, finances, power, riches, status, pragmatism, the Ego, provision, aggregation, strength, compassion, dictatorship, delegation, multiples, business, investment, employment, appearance, customs, skills, exchange, reality, world transformation, executive, professional, strength, truth, responsibility, true justice, problem-solver, organiser, achiever, business-like, decisive, controlling, constant, confident, ambitious, authoritarian, self-confident, integrity, challenge, efficiency, dependability, trustworthy, insight, planner, good judgement, sociable, giving and receiving, organisation, stability, works independently, learning through experience, patience, caution, self-discipline, self-sufficient, free-will, self-discipline, insight, spiritual consciousness, a desire for peace and love for humanity, responsibility, true justice, manifesting wealth and abundance.
Tactless, domineering, greedy, sneering, superior.
Universal love, service to humanity, compassion, the humanitarian and humanitarianism, charity, magnetism, understanding, forgiveness, sympathy and compassion, leading by example, destiny, soul purpose, romance, generosity, higher perspective, inner-strength, Universal protection, public relations, responsible, ‘Universal Brotherhood/sisterhood’, highly intuitive, strength of character, selfishness (learning to say No), creative abilities, sensitive, loyal, forgiving, generalist, multi-talented, teacher, healer, artists, old soul, actor, intelligent, understanding, discreet, brilliance, compassionate, problem-solver, inner wisdom, self-love, freedom, popular, eternity, generous, non-conformist, artistic genius, breadth of vision and a wide viewpoint, eccentricity, communicative, influential, philanthropic, duty, calling, soul mission, obligation, mysticism, faith, optimism, Divine wisdom, self-sacrifice, karma spiritual enlightenment, service, communication, selflessness, high idealism, sympathy, psychic, tolerance, humility, altruism, benevolence, empathy, power, charity, perfection.
Disconnected, dreamy, lethargic, inability to concentrate.
What’s your Destiny Number? Does it apply to you?? Do you believe in this type of thing or is it all a bunch of hooey in your eyes? 🙂